To develop and improve the academic activities and curriculum through managing academic calendars and academic services.
Higher Education Commission is the major authority in Pakistan for the provision of guidelines in development of curriculum in line with international standards and national needs. It also guides to establish minimum standards for quality assurance, research and intellectual property rights.
Government College University Faisalabad is striving hard for promotion of standard of education and research culture. To achieve this cherished goal, various offices have been developed in the University. Directorate of Academics was established in 2010 in line with the guideline of HEC to streamline and improve academic activities at the University.
The office of the directorate is performing different activities to strengthen the academia by promoting the educational activities. Main tasks of the office are:
- To develop academic calendars to regulate the academic work plan and event calendars to strengthen University conferences, seminars and important events.
- To evaluate and improve curriculum of all programs to bring them at par with national and international standards.
- To bring the uniformity in course codes and credit hours.
- To improve teachers communication skills and teaching methods through capacity building programs.
- Coordinate with academic departments (HODs) in sharing faculty, educational and instructional ideas.
- To suggest academic programs in line with international and nation market needs, also initiate joint degree programs among different programs.
In near future, the office will also be responsible for managing and directing for academic services which enable academics and students to achieve the highest standards in learning and research in support of the strategic development of the University.
- Dr. M. Zubair Siddiqui (Late)
- Dr. Farhat Abbas
- Dr. Zahira Batool