Ms. Saima Perveen
The University Authority established the Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) on October 28th, 2007 in collaboration with the Higher Education Commission Islamabad to provide financial help to the needy and deserving students of the University and to award scholarships under various programs. Ms. Saima Parveen, Assistant Registrar/Incharge, Students Financial Aid Office deals all the financial matters of the needy and deserving students.
The Students’ Financial Aid Office is primarily responsible for providing all information, services, and assembling financial resources that are available to and/or needed by students who are attending Government College University in order to obtain an undergraduate or graduate degree. Financial aid resources are those that are provided by both internal (university and/or endowment funds), governmental (PEEF, Professional Education Internal Merit and District Merit Scholarship) and private agencies or organizations.
The Students’ Financial Aid Office (SFAO) is an integral part of and partner in carrying out and actualizing Government College University’s overall purpose and strategic planning. The fundamental purpose of the financial aid program is to make education possible for students who might otherwise be deprived of this higher education opportunity due to inadequate funds and /or previous limited educational opportunities.
- Establish essential manual and automated processes to support awarding financial aid in a timely manner.
- Award financial assistance to qualified students, according to institutional and Govt requirements and with a focus on individual student needs.
- Establish regular communication flow between the SFAO and the students/parents.
- Provide individual student/parent assistance in completing necessary applications and managing personal resources as they are needed to augment financial assistance in covering educational expenses.
Scholarships available in GCUF
- Kayla Gift Fund Trust
- Punjab Zakat Department (MORA)
- District Council Internal Merit Scholarships
- Pakistan, Bait-ul-Maal
- Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF)
- Professional Education Foundation
- Faisalabad Development Trust
is an initiative of the Government of the Punjab under the leadership and patronage of Mian. Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif, Chief Minister of Punjab. It is established with the objective of providing scholarships/monetary assistance to talented and needy students to Graduate and Master level students.
- Japanese Needs Based Scholarship & HEC Needs Based Scholarship
Higher Education Commission, Islamabad, is also providing Need Based Scholarships like Japanese Need Based and HEC Need Based Merit Scholarship for needy students to the students of Basic Sciences and Social Sciences at graduate & Master level.
- Student Loan Scheme
Students of this University can also apply to National Bank of Pakistan to get interest free loan in order to support their education. Students are facilitated in processing their applications to NBP, University Branch. Loan Scholarship Scheme is also underway for financially weak students.
- The Student Advancement Endowment Fund (SAFE)
PEP Foundation made an initial donation to the University to support the principal of SAFE. SAFE account will be utilized only for the sole purpose of awarding scholarships to needy students and for capacity building projects/programs for the direct benefit of students. The funds will be treated as endowment principal money and will not be used for any other purposes under any circumstances. Students received any Financial Assistance/Scholarship cant’ apply for another scholarship You may call the Students’ Financial Aid Office and please feel free to contact us if you have any query.