The vision of the Department is to become one of the best architecture departments in Pakistan & in region to gain international recognition as a leader in architectural education that promotes regional architecture and an interdisciplinary culture of teaching and service.
Graduating disciplined, creative, and critical architects well versed in the discipline’s technical and professional knowledge and practices. The program is committed to:
- Developing knowledge and increasing awareness about the social, ecological, and material realms of architecture to provide healthy & sustainable environment
- Combining excellence in design, technology & entrepreneurship to meet the current, future, social, technological, & ecological challenges in Pakistan & the region.
“The main objective of the Bachelors of Architecture (B. Arch) program is to educate and train students to become professionally sound and creative architects and to prepare them further for higher studies. Teaching in the department is focused on enhancing creative abilities, critical thinking, professional competence and ethical practice. It is a 5-year (Ten Semesters) program of studies leading to a professional degree in Architecture (B.Arch.). Students registered in this program will also have the option to gain specialization in future as indicated below.
- Housing and Urban Design
- Landscape Architecture
- Interior Design
- Building Conservation
- Urban Revitalization
- Building Construction Management
- Architectural Studies
The program of study is highly demanding and only those students are recommended to apply who are willing to work long hours. Furthermore, significant components of studies involve fieldwork, where students are required to visit construction sites, conduct field surveys, and join out of station study tours. B.Arch. degree requirements also include 16 weeks of internship in a professional establishment, which would typically take place during summer vacations.
- Ar. Muhammad Abdullah
- Lecturer/ Teacher Incharge
- Ar. Abdul Moeez Khan
- Exam-Coordinator/ Research Officer