To deliver the quality oriented financial support services to the university faculty, students and administration by ensuring an efficient, economic and transparent financial management and reporting system.
The Treasurer’s Office established under Article 15 of the Government College University, Faisalabad Ordinance 2002 (Amended Act 2004) has the mandate to:
- Manage the property, the finances and the investments of the University
- Prepare the annual and revised budget estimates of the University and present them to the Finance and Planning Committee and the Syndicate
- Ensure that the funds of the University are expended on the purposes for which they are provided
Besides the primary responsibility of management of the university’s financial assets and liabilities, this Office performs all traditional treasury finance functions of the Government College University, Faisalabad including:
- Maintenance of the Books of Accounts and recording all the financial transactions on Modified Cash based system of Accounting in compliance with NAM (New Accounting Model of AGP and Government of the Punjab system.
- Coordination with Banks for maintaining full details of money received from and disbursed to different sources.
- Handling the applications related to deposit of fee, late submission of fee, refund of securities, payment of fine etc.
- Efficient disbursements to all the beneficiaries and recording of transactions in the financial software for provision of reports for the decision making authorities.
- Efficient and effective management of the university’s financial assets to achieve the highest possible return at an acceptable level of risk.