Scheme of Studies
1. BSc Electrical Engineering Technology
Our mission is to enable future technologists to face challenges of their field with intellectual and technical expertise keeping in view the ethical and moral aspects of their work. Moreover, to produce highly competent future leaders capable of bringing Pakistan into a new era of technological and entrepreneurial advancement through education based on industrial trainings, hands on experience and research.
Program Educational Objectives
In line with OBE system guidelines, university’s vision, mission and industrial needs, the Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) have been developed by the department of electrical engineering and technology for BSc Electrical Engineering Technology program.
- PEO-01: To develop professional competence and expertise in graduates through technical knowledge and hands-on skills in the field of Electrical Engineering Technology.
- PEO-02: To train graduates that can cater manufacturing, testing and other related field service demand of the industrial sector.
- PEO-03: To prepare graduates that demonstrate professional ethics, leadership qualities, confident to face future challenges of their professional career and commitment to team-work contributing to sustainable socio-economic progress of the country.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Engineering Technology Knowledge (SA1): An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, natural science, Engineering Technology fundamentals and Engineering Technology specialization to defined and applied Engineering Technology procedures, processes, systems or methodologies.
- Problem Analysis (SA2): An ability to Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze broadly-defined Engineering Technology problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to the discipline or area of specialization.
- Design/Development of Solutions (SA3): An ability to design solutions for broadly- defined Engineering Technology problems and contribute to the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Investigation (SA4): An ability to conduct investigations of broadly-defined problems; locate, search and select relevant data from codes, data bases and literature, design and conduct experiments to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage (SA5): An ability to Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern technology and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to broadly-defined Engineering Technology problems, with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineering Technologist and Society (SA6): An ability to demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to Engineering Technology practice and solutions to broadly defined Engineering Technology problems.
- Environment and Sustainability (SA7): An ability to understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of Engineering Technology work in the solution of broadly defined Engineering Technology problems in societal and environmental contexts.
- Ethics (SA8): Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of Engineering Technology practice.
- Individual and Team Work (SA9): An ability to Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams.
- Communication (SA10): An ability to communicate effectively on broadly defined Engineering Technology activities with the Engineering Technologist community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management (SA11): An ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Engineering Technology management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member or leader in a team and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong Learning (SA12): An ability to recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in specialist Engineering Technologies.
Admission Policy/Criteria for Undergraduate BSc Electrical Engineering Technology Program.
- The candidate should have at least 50% marks in DAE (Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunication, Instrumentation) orF.Sc (Pre-Engineering)/A-Level.
- GCUF or UET LahoreEntry Test is compulsory for admission.
- The formula for merit calculation for admission is as under
- 50% seats are for DAE (Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunication, Instrumentation), and 50% seats are for F.Sc (Pre-Engineering). This division may be relaxed as per requirement.
- • DAE/FSc: 70% weightage
- • Entry Test (GCUF or UET Lahore Entry Test): 30% weightage
- • The student should have at least 50% overall adjusted admission marks computed from above ratios