I. BS Home Economics 2. BS Home Economics Bridging
The Department of Home Economics is shaping up the individuals with knowledge and skills related to optimizing the nutritional health, family life and consumer education. With a commitment to the principles of Human wellbeing, the Department provides the transformative academic, research and outreach programs which promote the overall well-being ofpeople and their living. Home Economics is committed to educate and empower students by imparting knowledge of nutrition, hygiene, safety, public health, early childhood development, personality development, textile technoloaies, and latest trends of Applied Arts at disciplines of Home Economics i.e. Food and Nutrition, Textile and Clothing, Art and Design, Human Development and Family studies, Interior Design a unique blend subject's opens future revenue for personal professional, skilled income generating and social enhancement. The vision includes the goals related to promoting Nutritional Health and sustainable lifestyle, enhancing family wellbeing and equipping individuals with practical life skills for effective Home Management fields.
The department of Home Economics is to provide students with comprehensive and multidisciplinary education in area of Home and family life. We are offering the research and academia program that advance knowledge in fields such as Food and Nutrition, Textiles and Clothing, Family Studies, Child Development and Consumer Sciences. We purposely promote community outreach to engage our students with the local people and provide resource service and social work that promote healthy everyday living, wellbeing and sustainable practices. To stay current with socialite friend and adapt the curriculum to address contemporary issues in Home and Family live. We encourage our students to adopt & innovate in the field of Home Economics.
Home Economics department was established in 2004, with the passage of time department producing graduates, who are working in government and private sector organizations as well as entrepreneurs. Home Economics as a leading profession focusing on effective utilization of the multi- dimensional inherent potential of the students and preparing them to meet and overcome challenges of community with in changing and complex global society.
Department producing students in MS and PhD specialized in Food and Nutrition with strength of Dietetics, Experimental Foods, Institutional Management, Nutrition Public Health and community nutrition. Textile and clothing specialization in . BS and MS level produces highly skilled professionals; they are placed in many national organizations. Students gain knowledge in specific areas of garment construction, Pattern making, Draping, Textile Chemistry, Experimental Textile, Colour Chemistry Textile Processing and Textile research. Management Studies program is to equip students with the knowledge about strategic , tactical and analytic traits to make sound business decisions in new entities.
Our undergraduate Major offers students' hands-on dealing with real-world applications; small, friendly atmosphere; world-class internship experiences in collaboration with international and national institutions like
- Iowa State University, USA
- Allied Hospital, Faisalabad
- Alshifa International Hospital, Islamabad
- Sheikh Zaid Hospital, Lahore
- Rabia Trust, Robina Memorial, Faisalabad.
- Prime Care Hospital, Faisalabad
- WHO divisional office , Faisalabad
- Child Protection Bureau ,Faisalabad.
- Crescent Textile Mill,Faisalabad.
- Export Mall MTM,Faisalabad.
- Sadaqat Limited,Faisalabad.
- Chenab Textile,Faisalabad.
- Nishat Textile Mills,Faisalabad.
- To inculcate students with wide range personal and professional and skills qualities
- To train students for professional placement
- To develop a wide range of practical skills through relevant learning experiences
- To enable students work independently and as part of an organization
- Create research avenues in nutraceutical and functional foods
- Enhance the creative ability and expression through art interior, textile & Clothing