To provide an intelligent and flexible system of education to meet the challenges of access and equity, and work towards development of a knowledge society.
To provide commendable role model in academics, professionalism, operations and service by using innovative technologies and methodologies by ensuring convergence of existing systems for massive human resource required for promoting integrated national development and global understanding.
The Distance Education has evolved as an alternative to the formal system of education after an increasing realization that it is not perfectly coping with the educational needs and demands of the rapidly growing population. The demand for education in Pakistan through formal system has consistently run ahead of resources owing to the bulk of their population, therefore, remains educationally defined, and there are failing the demand in formal system, the need of non-formal education in various disciplines becomes evident in concept of distance education. The distance education help to:
- Cope with the rapid increasing demand of education
- Provide mass education at reasonable and low costs
- Acquire education at any stage of their life
- Boost up the professional development of working people on their job place
Instead of bringing students to the seats of learning, it was proposed to take schools to the students and hence this concept of distance education came into existence in G.C University Faisalabad.
The main components of its teaching system are:
- Correspondence package which includes self-learning printed study material.
- Correspondence tuition and face to face tutorial meetings with qualified tutors.
- Workshop of each selected course at the end of each semester
- Course assignments (as an instrument both for teaching and continuous assessment).
- Final examination at the end of the Semester.
The main objectives of Distance Learning Education are to:
- Provide educational facilities to people on their door step.
- Provide facilities to ensure quality education and promote entrepreneurship education.
- Hold examinations and to award and confer degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions.
- Increase competitiveness, quality of life with short and practical studies
- Enhance professional knowledge and skills through Practical courses
- Develop, foster and carry out cooperation with various institutions