To enhance, maintain and monitor the quality of higher education in the university.
The QEC, GCUF has been established since 2006, under the guidelines of the HEC. The QEC is envisioned to be a bench mark for quality of research and education as well. Moreover, QEC is committed to ensure and enhance the quality of higher education and the establishment of research oriented environment at Government College University Faisalabad. The primary task of the QEC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of the University. The success of QEC depends upon the collaboration and cooperation of all the stake holders. QEC is a monitory, evaluative and suggestive body of the University having potential for ensuring quality by working out intervention strategies for the compliance of quality measures. To correspond with and facilitate QEC in its working, faculty members from each department are also part of QEC team. For example, in self assessment task, QEC member of departments facilitate in completing the self assessment reports. Further, the Quality Enhancement Cell is involved in surveys related to student, staff and different departments, capacity building of faculty and staff.
Message of the Director
The Quality Enhancement Cell is a vital part of administrative and academic structure of Government College University, Faisalabad under the leadership of the Worthy Vice Chancellor. The QEC, Govt. College University Faisalabad always remains active, efficient, vigilant and in the coordination with Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) of the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan, for implementation of quality enhancement strategies, moreover it monitors the academic and administrative programs, functions to ensure the quality of education, research and development and makes sure that the internationally accepted standards of quality education are being met and maintained. For enhancing quality culture at Govt. College University Faisalabad, the Quality Enhancement Cell organizes seminars/workshops time to time.
Consequently, the quality culture is flourishing rapidly in the University as there was no culture of maintaining course files and attendance registers of classes taught by teachers. As directed by the Worthy Vice Chancellor, the QEC, conducted many visits of each department to check course files and attendance registers. Gradually this culture has been developed and the faculty members recognized the efforts of QEC. I am feeling proud to say that due to the kind, bold, dynamic and visionary leadership of Worthy Vice Chancellor, the University has improved its position, as the ranking of Govt. College University Faisalabad was in 2009-10 at serial number 59, in 2010-11 at serial number 16, in 2011-12 it has placed at serial number 05, in 2013-14 it was on number 9 and now in 2015-16 it has at place 7 in the category of general sector universities (Large) category by HEC
- Dr. Khalid Mahmood Zia
- Director QEC
- Dr. Muhammad Nawaz
- Deputy Director QEC
- Ms. Tahira Rashid
- Coordinator QEC
- Mr. Fazal-ur-Rehman
- Coordinator QEC
- Mr. Saleem Khalid
- Data Analyst
- Ms. Arzo Liaqat
- Research Assistant
- Mr. Fahad Sultan
- Research Assistant
- Ms. Sozia Atta
- Computer Operator
- The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) is to be headed by a Dean reporting directly to Vice Chancellor/Rector. He is to be correspondent with the outside bodies.
- QEC is responsible for promoting public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
- QEC is responsible for the review of quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- QEC is responsible for the review of academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- QEC is responsible for defining clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to what they could expect from candidates.
- QEC is responsible to develop qualifications framework by seting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification, i.e. Bachelors, Bachelor with Honors, Master’s, M. Phil., Doctoral.
- QEC is responsible to develop program specifications. These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- QEC is responsible to develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- QEC is responsible to ensure that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
- QEC is responsible to develop procedures for the following:
- Approval of new program
- Annual Monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, Faculty monitoring, and student perceptions
- Departmental review
- Student feedback
- Employer feedback
- Quality assurance of Master’s, M. Phil and PhD degree programs
- Subject review
- Institutional assessment
- Program specifications
- Qualification framework
The QEC, Government College University, Faisalabad has following memberships with National and International Quality Networks:
- The Talloires Network
- QEC Network (Network Of Quality Enhancement Cells of Pakistani Universities.
- Membership of Quality Assurance Agencies of the Islamic World (IQA)
|Name of Councils||Total Number of Programs||Total Number of Accredited Programs||Total No. of In process Programs|
|Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC)||1||1|
|Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC)|
|Pakistan council for Architect and Town Planner (PCATP)|
|Pakistan Bar Council (PBC)||2||2|
|Pharmacy Council of Pakistan (PCP)||1||1|
|Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC)|
|National Council for Tibb (NCT)||1||In Process|
|national council for homeopathy (NCH)|
|Pakistan Veterinary and Medical Council (PVMC)|
|National Accreditation Education Council (NAEAC)||0||0|
|National Computing Education Accreditation Council (NCEAC)||1||0|
|National Business Education Accreditation Council (NBEAC)||2||0||In Process|
|National Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (NACTE)||4||2|
|National Technology Council (NTC)|
The programmes of College of Law, Engineering, Pharmacy and Education are accredited with their respective professional councils and these professional bodies visit as per their schedule. The programme of software engineering is in the process of accreditation.
- Pakistan Engineering Council
- Pakistan Botanical Society
- Zoological Society of Pakistan
- The Chemical Society of Pakistan
- Pakistan Society of Food Technologists
- Soil Science Society of Pakistan
- Soil Science Society of America
- Crop Science Society of America
- American Society of Agronomy
- Canadian Society of Soil Science
- American Geophysical Union
- National Curriculum Revision Committee, HEC, Pakistan
- Solid Waste Management Faisalabad
- Pakistan Psychological Association
- Zakariya Chemist Organization, BZU, Multan
- Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineering (IEEE)
- Pakistan Pharmacist Association
- Pakistan Engineering Society
- District Bar Council
- Punjab Bar Council
- Pakistan Medical Dental Council, Islamabad
- Pakistan Medical Association
- Society of Surgeon, Faisalabad, Pakistan
- Pakistan Society of Laparoscopic Surgery
- Pakistan Society of Gastroenterology
QEC Ranking by Quality Assurance, HEC