The Department aspires to promote Arabic language and literature and highlight the primacy and relevance of Arabic language and literature in the contemporary world.
The mission of the Department of Arabic is to teach Arabic in both its diachronic and synchronic perspectives and enable the students to be fluent in both spoken and written Arabic.
The Department of Arabic language and literature was established in the year 1986. The department is one of the oldest and biggest departments of this newly established and very prestigious University. Keeping in view the world scenario, in Pakistan the progress of Arabic language has become very necessary to promote intellectual, religious, lingual and cultural relationship with Arab and Islamic countries. The department has the honour of having eminent scholars, well qualified and experienced teaching staff. In addition to teaching and academic activities, the department is committed to promote research activities by conducting national, international seminars and workshops. The department intends to take effective measures to expand the vision of the status of Arabic language in Pakistan on the following lines,
- The students will be made capable enough to have direct access to consult the original sources of Islamic sciences
- Department will enable the student to face modern challenges towards lingual, social, intellectual and religious matters.
- The teaching staff has to focus modern vocabulary and terminology of modern and functional Arabic language to face lingual barriers.
- It will be possible to strengthen Urdu and other local languages to bring them closer to one another on the basis of Arabic grammar and vocabulary.
- Installation of a language lab will be possible soon which may prove to be most scientific way to learn the right accent and basic skills of Arabic language.