The main aim of the program is to provide scholarships to the students from GB to equip the youth with the latest education for upcoming challenges. Gilgit Baltistan is a critically important area and is the terminal point of CPEC road whereas the Gwadar is on the other end. The program will provide financial assistance to the students to pursue their higher studies in all the top Public Sector universities / institutions of Pakistan for the development of their area and the country.
Higher Education Commission (HEC) has been endeavoring to improve quality, access, affordability, and equity of tertiary education to the youth of GB. To provide learning opportunities and better job opportunities to the youth of less privileged areas, the districts of GB are significantly important due to their location, especially with China and central Asian states.
General eligibility criteria for all these scholarships are as under
- The applicants must have domicile/local certificate of Gilgit-Baltistan.
- The applicants must have completed Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and / or Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) and / or Equivalent however, priority will be given to those students who have passed/completed their SSC/HSSC or Equal from Gilgit-Baltistan.
- The applicants who are already availing any other scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
- Students already enrolled in any BS Program prior to the advertisement maximum one academic year/ session may also apply.
- The award of scholarships will be made irrespective of the gender, caste, race, and religion.
- The applicants can apply to any Public Sector university / institution of Pakistan. However, any expenditure over and above the cost given in PC-1 will be borne be the student himself/herself.
- Advertisement in print media and HEC website for inviting the applications of potential candidates.
- HEC Scholarship Aptitude Test shall be arranged by HEC/ETC. Applicants must secure at least 50% marks in the test. Test result will be valid for 01 year.
- Applicants will be short-listed based on Aptitude Test score (conducted by HEC) and Academic Credentials as per following weightage/Formula: SSC 10%, HSSC 40% & Scholarship Aptitude Test 50%
- Applications/particulars of shortlisted candidates would be scrutinized in the light of the defined eligibility criteria.
- Dropped out seats in particular year will be adjusted in next year.
- Scholarships shall be awarded to the students studying/seeking admission for the BS (4 to 5 years) studies in HEC recognized public sector Universities/Degree Awarding Institutions of Pakistan.
- The selected applicants shall secure admissions by themselves in the defined program of study in Pakistan.
- The scholar shall sign an agreement/undertaking before availing the scholarship. The terms and conditions laid down in the agreement/undertaking and award letter shall be the binding for both the parties.
- Final award letters shall be issued after securing the admission and the completion of all required formalities including the legal documents.
SHORTLISTED UNIVERSITIES FOR 4-YEAR BS PROGRAM
HEC recognized public sector Universities/Degree Awarding Institutions of Pakistan.
For queries, please visit the following URL: http://onlinehelp.hec.gov.pk/