Consequent upon the approval of the Statutory Bodies of the University, the Vice Chancellor is pleased to grant permission to notify the following Admission Policy for the Academic Year 2019-20 for Affiliated Colleges under Annual System as per details given below.
1. Admission Policy for ADA/ADS and ADC (Part-I & II) etc
- The maximum age limit for the eligibility is 22 year on the closing date of the applications.
- Age relaxation may be granted in special cases upto 5 years by the Competent Authority i.e. upto 2 years by the Principal of the college & more than that by the Vice Chancellor of GCUF subject to availability of seats after accommodating fresh candidates.
- Admission will be granted provisionally subject to verification of the certificates of the candidates from the relevant Secondary Board. Equivalence certificate is required from IBCC Islamabad/Lahore (where applicable).
2. Admission Policy for MA/M.Sc./M.Com (2-years, Part-I & II) Annual) & M.Ed. (one year, Annual), etc.
- Male/female candidates having domicile of only Punjab are eligible for admission.
- The candidates shall be eligible to apply for admission, who have:
- At least 45% marks in terminal degree.
- At least 45% marks in the major subject in which admission is being sought (where applicable) i.e. Applied Linguistics, Applied Psychology, Botany, Chemistry, Economics, English, Applied Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Statistics and Zoology etc.
- The candidates who have passed BA/B.Sc./B.Com or equivalent examination in 2019 and 2018 will be considered for admission. However, candidates of earlier sessions will be considered by deducting 10 marks for each year for admission subject to availability of seats after accommodating fresh candidates
- The admission will be granted on open merit on the basis of following formula:
- Total marks in BA/BSc/B.Com, in case of variation total marks will be converted out of 800 + marks obtained in the major subject (where applicable). However, Hafiz-e-Quran will be given 20 marks.
Note: The Principal will constitute the Committee for evaluation of the candidates of Hafiz-e-Quran for grant of 20 marks.
Furthermore, the Vice Chancellor has been authorized to amend any clause of the policy according to requirement.
3. Admission Schedule
Date by which admissions are to be completed 31-10-2019
4. University Dues
The registration fee / sports fee will be charged at the following rates for this year:-
- Registration Fee: Rs. 2000/- per student
- Sports Fee: Rs. 800/- per student per year
5. Submission of Registration Return
After completion of admission, the online registration returns / forms of all the admitted candidates will be sent to the office of the Additional Registrar (Registration), GCU, Faisalabad by the Principals of affiliated colleges alongwith the requisite registration & sports fee. In case of default in submission of registration return, the registration return will be submitted with the fine at the following rates
- With single fee Rs. 2000/- + sports fee Rs.800/- per year per student upto 16-11-2019
- With fine of Rs. 500/- per student upto 03-12-2019 of the students admitted after 16-11-2019 to 03-12-2019
- With fine of Rs. 1000/- per student upto 31-12-2019 of the students admitted after 03-12-2019 to 31-12-2019
Note:- After expiry of the last date of admission, the Principal of the College shall ensure to submit the list of the admitted students within one week positively to the Additional Registrar (Registration) , Government College University, Faisalabad, failing which no admission will be allowed thereafter in any case.
After the expiry of 60 days (i.e. (31-12-2019) from the last date of admission, the Registration Return shall not be accepted from any of the affiliated colleges in any case. However, in special cases considering the genuineness of delay, registration return may be accepted with special fine on the following rates (in addition to prescribed registration and sports fee, only if the name of student is mentioned in the list of admitted students already forwarded to the Additional Registrar (Registration):-
- Within 30 days of expiry of schedule Rs.2000/- per student plus Rs.5000/- per discipline
- Within 60 days of expiry of schedule Rs.3000/- per student plus Rs.5000/- per discipline
6. University reserves the right to change any clause of admission policy or refuse admission to any applicant without assigning any reason.
Note: The students who will complete their degrees successfully, they will pay Rs. 2500/- for receipt of their degrees.
Muhammad Asif Lateef
Additional Registrar Academics