The aim of the 4 years degree program is to equip the students with relevant professional knowledge, skills, techniques and ethical values to enable them to apply their acquired expertise at level between the doctors and the patient for efficient health sendee delivery.
The Bachelors Programs should enable the student:
- To develop accuracy and meticulousness to attain high levels of ethics and technical proficiency
- To assess the technical ad non-technical skills in a standardized an reproducible environment
- To strengthen the decision power and exercise appropriate judgment skills, to be applied especially during crisis.
- To enhance both the stamina and the patience levels to bear the burden.
- To develop good leadership, problem solving, planning and management skills.
- To develop and analyze innovative strategies for effective communication with the patients.
- To develop a sense of motivation for the patients and himself too.
- To demonstrate interdisciplinary team building strategies for effective coordination between various Allied Health Disciplines.
- To demonstrate understanding of the basic concepts of professional behavior and legal implications of the work environment.
- To demonstrate the knowledge of his / her role in health care delivery system.
- In establishing and maintaining continuing education as a function of growth and maintenance of professional competence.
Following competencies will be expected from a student completing 4 years degree courses. The student should be able to
- Learn and apply the practical theory (new techniques and procedures) of the laboratory directly to workplace sett
- Demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology with special emphasis on writing and understanding the laboratory reports.
- Select and use appropriate, safe and effective tools to solve a variety of problems pertaining to collecting, transporting, handling and conducting tests on laboratory sample
- Demonstrate knowledge of utilizing and performing corrective and preventative maintenance on a variety of instruments and sensitive (automated) equipment.
- Relate laboratory results to common disease process and draw and defend reasonable conclusions with proper satisfaction of the patients and their concerns.
- Perform and monitor quality control within predetermined limits in the laboratory.
The program is being offered in following disciplines
Medical Laboratory Technology
Radiography / Imaging Technology
Operation Theater Technology
F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) with 60% marks.